CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, February 24, 2008

Update on Liam

When Liam had his surgery last week the ENT did a nasal scope and culture just to make sure there was nothing else going on. She had told us that there was probably nothing but she wanted to check while he was having his surgery. So I get a call on Friday from the nurse telling me that Liam's culture came back that he had a bacteria in his nose that is resistant to most antibiotics. I was then told that Liam would have to have a round of shots starting the next morning and then on Mon and Wed as well. So we went in and he got a shot of Rosephren (not sure how it's spelled) on Sat. Poor boy, he gets 1 shot in each thigh each time. The nurse told me that this particular shot stings pretty bad and makes them really sore for a few days. Needless to say it was not a fun experience. Liam has been through so much already this past week and now we add the shots! I'm not looking forward to taking him in tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'll even get him throug the door. Even though he's having to go through all of this now, I know that it will be so worth it in the long run. I'm assuming that this bacteria is what the problem has been all along. I need to call and find out what the bacteria was that was found. I'm so glad we went through with this surgery. Nate wasn't so sure about it, but now we know it needed to be done. Liam's already talking more clear and he's added several new words to his vocabulary just since his surgery on Tues. Oh, and the snoring is gone!!! Yeah!
Anyway, that's our update.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's great news that he is doing so well. Not so good though that he had to get shots, poor little guy.